The Navigating the New Arctic Community Office (NNA-CO) invites applications for a NNA-CO Program Manager to provide community coordination and engagement, office management, and support to research, data management, and educational outreach activities. This full-time position will be located in Boulder, Colorado.
Remote full-time work is possible for this position. However, preference will be given to candidates who are able to base themselves out of our Boulder, Colorado office location. Funding for this position is anticipated through 31 January 2026.
This position will work closely with the NNA-CO Director and team to advance the office’s support of use-inspired convergence research in the Arctic—collaborative research that deeply draws on information and expertise from across fields and knowledge systems to solve complex challenges. This position will uphold the Office’s vision and commitment to supporting the NNA community (researchers, Arctic community partners, Indigenous knowledge holders, decision-makers, etc.) through coordination, enhanced communication, and interdisciplinary, cross-cultural, and institutional learning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and community support,
- Outreach and communications,
- Convening and event planning, and
- Project management.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to Arctic communities and/or research and prior work experience that required knowledge of Arctic environments, communities, and/or cultures.
Additional skills include:
- The ability to communicate with a broad range of audiences to include researchers, Arctic community partners, Indigenous knowledge holders, scientific educators, and decision-makers;
- The ability to contribute to and manage a highly collaborative, distributed team environment;
- Scientific or research-based writing skills;
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills;
- Excellent project management skills; and
- Technical competence in working with email clients, cloud-based file-sharing platforms, and other web-based collaboration tools.
Applications must include:
- Resume or curriculum vitae;
- Cover letter addressed to the Search Committee briefly describing your qualifications, professional goals, and specific interest in this position.
- List of three references, including the names, professional titles, and contact information of those who are familiar with your qualifications and work history.
Application deadline: Open until filled
For questions, contact: