- Technician/Field Assistant
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Utah Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Surface Water: Making a wading surface-water discharge measurement using the conventional current-meter method and a vertical-axis meter (such as a Price AA or pygmy meter)
- Water Quality: Collecting water-quality samples from lakes, streams or ground-water wells by following specified guidelines.
- Instrumentation / Datum: Running levels at gaging stations to establish/verify vertical datum.
- Infrastructure: Constructing and disassembling gages and supporting structures.
- Groundwater: Collecting water-quality samples from lakes, streams or ground-water wells by following specified guidelines.
- Measuring and recording water levels in groundwater wells.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.