The Dickey Center for International Understanding at Dartmouth College invites applications for an Arctic Program Manager. This full-time position will be located in Hanover, New Hampshire.
The Arctic Program Manager works closely with the Director of the Institute for Arctic Studies (IAS) in the delivery of programs, development of initiatives and grants, and coordination of conferences that promote and advance an inclusive and ethical understanding of and engagement in the Arctic. The Manger also actively supports the College’s mission to foster inclusiveness and diversity in all aspects of work.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Five years of experience in an office setting and a basic understanding of support needs of research and the academic setting;
- Experience in event planning and procedures for travel, expense reporting, and the use of social media for communications and outreach;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to independently implement, troubleshoot, and administer assigned phases of a project and exercise sound judgment;
- Highly proficient with computer applications and ability to work with Macintosh or Windows platforms and web applications; and
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with sensitive material, and to be welcoming and respectful of a diverse community.
Preferred qualifications include a background in science or social science research, experience working with students, and experience living or working in polar regions.
Application review begins: 10 January 2022
For more information and to apply, go to:
Full position announcement