To Friday 09 February 2018
AMOS-ICSHMO 2018, 05 – 09 February 2018 UNSW Kensington Campus, Sydney, Australia
Abstract submission opens: 12 June, 2017
Registration opens: 4 July, 2017
Abstract submission close: 31 August, 2017
Abstract acceptance notification: 2 October, 2017
End of early bird registration: 30 October, 2017
The the joint AMOS annual meeting and ICSHMO biennial meeting is organized by the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS) and the American Meteorological Society (AMS) and hosted by AMOS.
Call for Abstracts
Deadline 31 August 2017
On behalf of the Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society and the American Meteorological Society, the Organising Committee for AMOS-ICSHMO 2018 invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the Conference, to be held at the University New South Wales, Sydney, 5-9 February 2018.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations must be prepared using the abstract template.
Abstracts will be published in the conference digital proceedings and given to all conference attendees.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following presentation types:
- Poster display
- Lightning Lecture (2 min short oral presentation plus poster)
Final decisions on the type of presentation offered will rest with the Programming Committee and their decision will be final.
All abstracts must be submitted via the website online by 5.00pm AEST 31 August 2017. Note the Deadline will NOT BE EXTENDED. Please plan your timetable for preparation and submission carefully.
Workshops and other activities
Click here to see the current list of workshops and activities that will be held during AMOS-ICSHMO 2018. Activities are free unless otherwise noted. Please indicate any activities or workshops you wish to attend when registering.
NEWS! Announcing our guest speakers
The Committee is delighted to announce the following plenary speakers for AMOS-ICSHMO 2018:
- Dr. Gavin A. Schmidt, Director of Goddard Institute for Space Studies, NASA,
- Dr. Claudia Tebaldi, project scientist in the Climate Change Research section of the Climate and Global Dynamics laboratory at the National Center for Atmospheric Research
- Prof Terry Hughes Director of the Australian Research Council (ARC) Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University
- Prof. Matthew H England - Australian Research Council Laureate Fellow and Deputy Director of the UNSW Climate Change Research Centre (CCRC)
- Dr Helen Cleugh - Director of the CSIRO Climate Science Centre
Further information about the conference will be posted on the main conference webpage.
AMOS-ICSHMO 2018: www.amos-icshmo2018.com.au