To Wednesday 24 January 2018
2018 Workshop on the Dynamics and Mass Budget of Arctic Glaciers & the IASC Network on Arctic Glaciology Annual Meeting
The meeting will take place at the popular University Center Obergurgl, in Obergurgl, Austria, 22 - 24 January, 2018.
The purpose of the meeting is:
• to present and discuss new results on observations and modeling of the dynamics and mass budget of Arctic glaciers, including the Greenland ice sheet,
• to provide a forum for glaciologists and marine biologists to present and discuss their work and to stimulate future collaborations,
• to plan and coordinate field work with the aim of using available infrastructure and logistics in the most efficient way.
The meeting is open to anyone interest in Arctic Glaciology. In particular, we encourage submissions that comply with one of two special themes:
(1) Understanding atmosphere-glacier-ocean interactions and their implications for the pan-Arctic glacier mass budget
(2) The importance of Arctic glaciers for the Arctic marine ecosystem
Contributions in the form of oral presentations and or posters are welcomed. Presentation will be 15-20 minutes, including discussion. For those who bring a poster, time will be reserved in the program to give a short 2-3 minute introduction to the poster. Three days of talks and poster presentations, as well as open-forum discussions are planned.
Registration deadline is November 10, 2017.
Abstracts and registration:
Please submit your abstracts (maximum length 300 words) by filling out the following google form, latest by November 10, 2017: https://goo.gl/forms/inY9ygyM4ZOrKrjv1
If you have any questions, please email Thorben Dunse (thorben.dunse [at] geo.uio.no). Please indicate whether you prefer oral or poster presentation and if you like to contribute to one of the special sessions.
We have received workshop support through IASC and the IASC-Cryosphere Working Group. Depending on the number of participants, we may request a small registration fee (not more than 30 EUR), in order to ensure sufficient supply of coffee and other refreshments.
Thorben Dunse (Chairman IASC Network on Arctic Glaciology)
Michael Kuhn (Chairman local organizing committee)
For detailed information about the special sessions, financial support and travel information, read further or visit the IASC-NAG website: https://nag.iasc.info/workshop