To Friday 13 September 2019
The German Chapter of the Young Earth Scientists Network (YES) is pleased to announce the 5th International YES Congress 2019 with the theme “Rocking Earth’s Future”.
The current and future grand challenges of global change are manifold and include rapid population growth, increasing urbanization, global warming, contamination of water and soil, the continuing transition of our economy to post-industrialism and related increases in vulnerabilities. For early career Earth Science researchers the task is to ensure that humanity is prepared to tackle all these challenges in a smart and sustainable way. This requires hard facts, reproducible and transparent science and a sound commitment.
The 5th YES Congress 2019 will be centred around six large topical areas:
- Ashes to Ashes - Understanding Earth Processes
- Unboxing Earth - Interdisciplinary Problem Solving
- Heritage Earth - Sustainable Resource Management
- Society at Risk - Impacting Earth Phenomena
- Brave New World - Advanced Technologies in Earth Sciences
- Beyond Printing - Communicating Science
Extended Abstract Deadline: 22 April
Early-Bird Registration Deadline: 31 May
Further information, you can find at: https://yesdeutschland.weebly.com/yes-congress-2019.html