At the upcoming Arctic Summit Science Week (ASSW) in Fairbanks, Alaska (12 - 18 March 2016), APECS is organizing an Early Career Arctic Policy Workshop on Monday, March 14 from 9:00 - 12:30.
This half-day workshop will begin with a keynote and five short presentations addressing the global effort to use best-available science in the development of Arctic policy. Participants will then break into smaller, mentor-led groups to discuss strategies for incorporating scientific knowledge into impactful Arctic policy.
Mentors guiding the APECS break-out groups include:
- Carolina Behe, Inuit Circumpolar Council-Alaska
- Terry Chapin, University of Alaska Fairbanks Institute of Arctic Biology
- Henry Huntington, the PEW Charitable Trusts
- Amy Lovecraft, University of Alaska Fairbanks Political Science Department
- Peter Winsor, University of Alaska Fairbanks School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences