The time commitment for the students taking the full course (level 1) will be:
- 1h for webinar (compulsory for receiving a certificate),
- Additional 1-2h per week for the work on the practical task (case studies) (compulsory for receiving a certificate),
- Recommended additional reading (voluntarily).
Student engagement during the course (compulsory for receiving a course certificate):
- Biography / Research Description: A biography and description of research focus of all participants that are taking the full course will be published on the course website and used to identify common research interests for group work (submitted as part of the registration form, max. 100 words).
- Practical Task: The students will further develop existing and create new case studies (information sheets for different types of stakeholders) using weather and climate predictions within the context of APPLICATE as group work. Students will be assigned to a group at the beginning of the course. The APPLICATE project will provide a template for existing case studies that the students can work with. The results of the practical tasks will be presented in the final session of the course.
- Active participation in discussions during the webinars and in the preparation of the practical task.
- Presentation of the practical group tasks in the final session.
- Participation in final course evaluation.
- We offer a certificate of attendance for students who successfully complete all the required course parts.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer ECTS credits. However, some universities allow internal conversion to the ECTS system. Students may contact their study administration individually. The course organizers are happy to provide information about your completed course tasks upon request.