All nominations under consideration will be reviewed by the Award Committee.
Each of the below categories will be ranked for each candidate on the base of information included in application package and letters of support (see: section 3). In each category a mentor acquires between 0 and 10. The maximum total number of points is 80 (8 categories).
1. Demonstrated commitment to early-career scientists (i.e., time commitment, length of service, personal motivation, professional development)
2. Participation within APECS activities (i.e., participated via Mentor panels, workshops, webinars, or through the mentor database etc.).
3. Meaningful engagement with the early career researchers to shape the future of polar research
4. Originality of support/mentoring
5. Impact of the support/mentoring
6. Variety of mentees the mentor has supported
7. Variety of mentoring opportunities provided (field work, conferences, meetings, leadership, community interactions)
8. Building connections among early career polar researchers
To fully recognise involvement of mentors in APECS activities, each year 2 awards will be given out.