In this category, we specifically encourage APECS members, committees (including National Committees) and project groups to nominate a mentor who has made an outstanding contribution to their APECS committees, activities or the organisation as a whole.
To be considered, the candidate must be nominated by an APECS member, committee (e.g. National Committee) or project group. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
To be eligible for this award the candidate must have contributed significantly over a period of several years to the mentoring and fostering of early career researchers in APECS activities (e.g. in APECS project / workshops / webinars). This award may be awarded to mentors from a variety of sectors, including academia, industry, the public sector, etc.
All nomination packages must be provided in English. Nomination packages must include the following:
- a completed online nomination form.
- CV of the nominee
- Nomination letter highlighting the nominee’s mentoring towards APECS activities, projects and/or committees and covering the questions such as:
- The commitment of the nominee towards early career researchers and APECS activities (e.g. time commitment, length of service, personal motivation)
- In which APECS activities has the mentor been participating in?
- Examples of how the nominee helped your activities / projects / committees / APECS as a whole
- What has been particular/original in the nominee’s support/mentoring?
- Examples of how the mentoring impacted you or other early career researchers that worked with the nominee.
- Any other relevant info about why the nominee should be awarded the APECS Mentor Award.
- Minimum of two individual support letter from another member or colleague who have also benefitted from the support of the nominee. The letters can also be written by other members of e.g. your National Committee.