The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) and the Southern Ocean Observing System (SOOS) are looking for an early career scientist to join the the SOOS Observing System Design Capability Working Group (OSD CWG).
The successful applicant will have an interest in observing system design for the Southern Ocean. The APECS representative will attend CWG meetings, and be responsible for assisting with CWG activities, communications, and will be an important link in liaising between APECS and SOOS. We are interested in receiving applications from any countries, including those not yet represented by the WG Leadership Group.
The position will be for 2 years and non-salaried, but there will be travel reimbursement for attending one meeting if the working group holds a meeting during your term, and potential for co-authorship of publications.
To apply, you need to meet the following criteria:
- early career researcher (up to 5 years past PhD)
- Have a research background that fits the focus of the group
How to apply?
- your CV
- statement of Interest (max one page), including your research background,
- your motivation in joining the working group,
- and your thoughts on how you can contribute to the group and how this would benefit your career