The Arctic Futures 2050 Conference Organizing Committee invites abstracts for posters. The Arctic Futures 2050 Conference—convened by the Study of Environmental Arctic Change (SEARCH)—will be an international conference designed to enhance collaboration between Arctic scientists from many disciplines, diverse Indigenous knowledge holders, and policy makers from all levels of government.
The conference will be held 4-6 September 2019 at the National Academies of Sciences in Washington, D.C.
Poster sessions will be held during each day of the conference as an integral part of the agenda and expansion of the plenary sessions. Posters will offer opportunities to provide specific information relevant to the main themes of the conference, including:
- Knowledge of the Arctic environment derived from field observations, Indigenous observations, laboratory measurements, or modeling;
- Policy initiatives, activities, and methods—from all levels of government;
- Descriptions of what we need to know to respond to a changing Arctic from Indigenous, scientific, or policy perspectives;
- Tools or processes for informing policy with science or Indigenous Knowledge;
- Tools or processes for informing knowledge holders and producers about policy needs;
- Approaches that have supported collaboration across disciplines;
- Ideas for addressing obstacles that limit collaboration across disciplines and geographies, and
- Other topics relevant to collaborations needed to effectively respond to a changing Arctic environment are welcome.
Current sponsors of the Arctic Futures 2050 Conference include the National Science Foundation's Arctic Sciences Section, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, and the American Geophysical Union. Conference partners currently include ArcticNet, Arctic Research Consortium of the United States (ARCUS), and the Wilson Center's Polar Initiative.
Poster Abstract Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 1 May 2019
For more information about poster abstract guidelines and submission, go to:
Poster abstract submission webpage
For more information about the Arctic Futures 2050 Conference, go to:
For more information about the conference, contact:
Brendan P. Kelly, SEARCH Executive Director
For questions about poster abstracts, contact:
See the event also in the APECS event list.