During the APECS International Polar Week 17 - 23 March 2019, we would like to invite you to participate in Polar Week by sharing with us your photos and your art. We would like to portray a series of scientists and artists that have worked in polar latitudes.
We have the following categories so please use the hashtags when posting your photos on social media and don’t forget to tag @Polar_Research!
2. The picture must fit with the spirit of Polar Week’s celebrations'
3. The submission must include: Name, affiliation and email address of the photographer/artist; where and when the photo was taken. A brief story related to the picture in a maximum of 50 words is encouraged.
4. Pictures/artwork must be in JPEG format and without any watermark that will identify the photographer/artist.
5. The file name for each submission should be clearly labelled with the participant's name
6. The picture/artwork can be submitted directly to APECS until March 15, 2019. Images can be uploaded to social media directly using the above stated hashtags during Polar Week.
7. The organization reserves the right to reject images with incomplete details, or that have been deemed inappropriate or do not respect the aim of the competition.
1. Each image/artwork submitted must be original and unpublished for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
2. The participant shall retain the copyright to entries, however, grants APECS unrestricted rights to use and edit submitted materials as needed for organizational purposes with or without explicit attribution.
3. By submitting an entry, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations and granted the organizer, APECS, royalty-free permissions to use any entry for promotional, commercial, or educational purposes. APECS will credit the creator for any use of a photo/infographic/artwork.
4. Any people featured in photos must also accept and agree with the rules and regulations of this competition. All people in the photo must be aware of the materials you are submitting if they contain their likeness. It is the entire and sole responsibility of the entry submitter in the competition to inform and to obtain the appropriate legal permissions of all the people in any submitted photos. Any depiction of minors must include explicit, written parental consent. Entries will be asked to provide proof of these permissions and will be disqualified if these permissions are not secured.