The numbers and time of sessions will be determined after abstracts have been submitted and selected.
APECS International Online Conference 2021
© created by Carla Tapia Baldis /Freepik
The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) is now organizing the 7th annual APECS International Online Conference which will be taking place on Wednesday, 12th May 2021. This year’s theme “Polar Science: Success Stories from the Field and from Home” aims to involve polar and alpine researchers from around the world.
The theme is designed to encourage contributions from those whose research has been impacted by Covid-19 and had to develop new directions with their research. It also acknowledges that some were able to carry out fieldwork, and so also gives a space for them to showcase their research. The conference will be an opportunity for new research to be presented and connections to be made across polar research. After what has been a difficult year for everyone around the world, we would like to celebrate and learn from your stories related to the polar and alpine regions that happened in 2020. We hope to hear both success stories and stories of learning from failure. The ultimate goal of the project is to unite the ECR community in a collegial and learning experience organized under the 7th annual APECS Online Conference.
Event Date: 12 May 2021
Poster presentation – upload poster and 3 minute video pre-recorded video presenting poster (these will be available via the APECS website) – then poster presenters will be grouped together for an open Question&Answer session during the conference
Registration for the conference to follow soon.
Abstract submission deadline extended: Wednesday, 14 April 2021
We are looking forward to receiving your abstracts (300 words max) via the submission form below. Please indicate your preference for a presentation in oral or poster format.
- Each abstract submission must be original and unpublished for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- The participant shall retain the copyright to entries entered for the conference, however grants APECS unrestricted rights to use and edit submitted materials as needed for organizational purposes with or without explicit attribution.
- By submitting an entry for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the rules and regulations and granted the organizer, APECS, royalty-free permissions to use any entry for promotional, commercial, or educational purposes. APECS will credit the creator for any use of a video/infographic/artwork.
- All participants should be aware that all plots, photos, films, etc. used in presentations, if not produced by the presenter, should acknowledge the producer. Please include copyright of the material used when appropriate.
- Any people featured in films must also accept and agree with the rules and regulations of this competition. All people in the film must be aware of the materials you are submitting if they contain their likeness. It is the entire and sole responsibility of the entry submitter in the competition to inform and to obtain the appropriate legal permissions of all the people in any submitted videos. Any depiction of minors must include explicit, written parental consent. Entries will be asked to provide proof of these permissions and will be disqualified if these permissions are not secured.
- If music is used, the participant warrants that to no copyright violations will appear. (You can find a lot of free music for commercial use.) Entries will be asked to provide proof of these permissions and will be disqualified if these permissions are not secured.
- The participant further gives his consent that his/her personal data included in the submission will be used for the aforementioned purposes.
- Anika Happe
- Carla Tapia Baldis
- Carrie Harris
- Claudia Maturana
- Florent Fayolle
- Gabriela Roldan (ExCom Ex-officio)
- Gwenaëlle Gremion
- Hugo Guímaro
- Jan-Lukas Menzel
- Javier Arnaut
- Joana Fragão
- Kelly Huh
- Louise Borthwick
- Maria Pogojeva
- Mathieu Casado
- Maud van Soest
- Minkyoung Kim
- Rahul Dey
- Rodrigo Gomez Fell
- Sakshi Mankotia
- Scarlett Zetter
- Scott Sugden
- Shalaka Patil
- Sidney Horlick
- Trym Eiterjord