Training and Educational Development Coordinator
Remote Position, Canada
Arctic Eider Society
We are looking for a Training and Educational Development Coordinator to join the Arctic Eider Society Team.
You are interested in leading a distributed team to develop training and educational approaches and material in support of Indigenous-led environmental leadership through SIKU: The Indigenous Knowledge Social Network. You are Indigenous or have experience working with northern Indigenous communities. You want to mentor early-career Indigenous staff and support thriving northern communities.
Do these things interest you? You will:
- Work with the Arctic Eider Society’s Outreach Team to develop innovative and effective ways to deliver SIKU training to different audiences, including Indigenous community members (youth and Elders) and students (elementary, highschool and college), across the Canadian Arctic.
- Plan, organize, and direct a range of education and training activities in collaboration in with the SIKU Outreach team, including SIKU training in formal educational settings and community settings
- Develop a SIKU Training Certificate program.
- Develop materials for SIKU training workshops suitable for a range of environments and audiences (community settings, informal training, educational institutions, researchers, etc.)
- Develop relationships with educators and educational programs, including the Environmental Technology Program at Nunavut College, and build SIKU into curriculum to support climate action projects.
- Learn new technical skills with the AES Outreach and App Development Teams and assist in the development of new features on SIKU.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant post secondary training or work experience
- Experience working with Indigenous communities and/or in the north
- Passion for developing and delivering training and educational material to diverse audiences
- Passion for Indigenous, community-driven initiatives
- Strong background in pedagogical strategies for effective training
- Experience managing social media or other communications would be an asset but not a requirement
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Type: Full-time, Contract
- Location: This is a remote position and the successful candidate will be required to provide their own office space and equipment. Some travel will be required.
- Hours: 35-40 hours per week
- Duration: Long term contract with the opportunity for renewal
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Inclusion and Diversity: The Arctic Eider Society is a safe space to work and we encourage Indigenous, Black, People Of Colour and people of all genders, sexual identities and disabilities to apply for this position.