- The physical secretariat of APECS (hosted in Potsdam, Germany)
- Serves as the main point of contact, day-to-day operations, and institutional memory
- Senior-level polar researchers and administrators
- Provides ongoing advice and support
- Annually elected by the open Council
- Manages the organization and approves major decisions
- Members nominated by organizations or self-nominated and approved by the Executive Committee
- Contributes to the smooth implementation of APECS activities
- Links APECS to current research activities, polar research communities, and international science groups
- Ensures the sharing of information from various research areas and partner organizations
- Project initiation and management
- 3-10 individuals cooperating on a clearly outlined project
- Represent the regional branches of the larger international organization.
- ECRs that represent APECS at meetings, and on committees and projects of partner organisations.