- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Research Scientist
The University of Alberta invites applications for a postdoctoral or Research Consultant position. This fixed-term position will be for one-year with the possibility of extension and will be located in Edmonton, Canada.
The successful candidate will develop and conduct various research projects, publish research findings, and contribute to innovative knowledge mobilization activities. Specifically, this position engages with a wide range of partners and focuses on quantitative data analysis for climate-sensitive health outcomes in Nunatsiavut communities. The position involves collaboratively building climate-health models with intersectoral and transdisciplinary partners, examining past impacts, and projecting future impacts under different levels of global warming.
Key qualifications include:
- A PhD or be a senior PhD student in epidemiology, health sciences, public health, or a relevant social science;
- Commitment to a high standard of academic excellence and an interest in, or experience with, climate change research;
- Recent experience with quantitative data analysis (using either Stata and/or R) is required;
- Strong project management skills including the ability to multitask and prioritize work with tight deadlines, advance complex projects, and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners from various disciplines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex data in a straightforward way; and
- Experience in social or health climate projection research is considered an asset.