- Postdoctoral Researcher
The successful candidate will be expected to strengthen ongoing research activities at the Climate Lab, publish results in high-impact journals, present research at conferences, and supervise undergraduate and graduate students. The selected candidate will be based in the Department of Geography and will work with collaborators from the Berlin University Alliance (BUA). The position will be 85% of a full time position until the end of 2023 and will then be increased to a 100% (salary grade E- 13) of a full position. The position comes with a teaching assignment of 2.5 hours per week and includes a coordination position of 25% in the geoscientific competence network Geo.X (https://www.geo-x.net). The Geo.X partners are committed to close cooperation in research, teaching, shared infrastructure, internationalisation and knowledge transfer. The network enjoys a high international reputation and opens a unique possibility for the position holder to expand his/her own scientific network.
- completed PhD and professional background in physical geography, climatology, meteorology, or related fields
- Experience with fluid dynamic models and/or weather forecast models, e.g. ICON, WRF, Palm, OpenFOAM
- excellent programming skills and experience working with large data sets and scientific high-performance computing
- a strong publication record in internationally leading journals (commensurate with career stage)
- an established national or international research profile (commensurate with career stage)
- strong English language skills both in oral and written communication
- good scientific track record and/or potential for raising external research funds (commensurate with career stage)
- good potential for research supervision
- ability to work in a team environment
The Humboldt-Universita?t zu Berlin is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential con- sideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only.
Information pursuant to Art. 12, 13 DSGVO on the processing of personal data at Humboldt Universita?t within the framework of job advertisements can be found on our Website: https://hu.berlin/DSGVO