- Lindsay Knippenberg, Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator, PolarTREC teacher 2009
How to connect with teachers and create a classroom visit students will remember.
This video is part of a 1-day workshop held by the Permafrost Young Researchers Network (PRYN) and the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) on Sunday 12 December 2010, prior to the 2010 Fall American Geophysical Union (AGU) meeting in San Francisco, CA, USA.
This workshop will provide a great opportunity for young researchers working in the polar regions and the cryosphere to meet new colleagues and mentors, and develop skills not often taught during graduate education programs.
The workshop focus included, but was not limited to:?
- Developing key messages about research projects?
- Communicating research to various audiences (scientists in other disciplines, politicians, school children, media, the general public, etc.)?
- Effective expressions and outreach methods in proposal writing
- Tips for what young researchers need to know to succeed in academic and research careers