Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Wednesday 06 October 2021
We invite you to contribute to the "Second International Conference on Natural Hazards and Risks in a Changing World". Registration and abstract submission are possible now! The conference will be held in a hybrid format to allow for worldwide participation and pandemic related uncertainties. We will be happy to welcome you on-site at the University of Potsdam (Campus Griebnitzsee) in Potsdam, Germany on 5-6 October 2021 or as an online participant.
The purpose of this conference is to bring together researchers from natural sciences (e.g. hydrology, meteorology, geomorphology, hydraulics, environmental science, seismology, physical geography), risk research, human geography, nonlinear systems dynamics, and applied mathematics to discuss new insights and developments about impact modeling, risk assessments and risk mitigation, process understanding and the analysis of complex systems. Knowledge transfer, communication and networking will be a key issue of the conference. The conference will comprise keynote speeches and invited talks given by outstanding experts, oral presentations, poster sessions and discussions.
Already confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Prof. Susann Cutter, University of South Carolina, US
- Prof. Torsten Dahm, Helmholtz Centre Potsdam German Research Centre for Geosciences GFZ, Germany
- Prof. Bruno Merz, Helmholtz Centre Potsdam German Research Centre for Geosciences GFZ, Germany
- Dr. Dalia Kirschbaum, Hydrological Sciences Laboratory NASA, US
Moreover, we are happy to announce confirmed invited talks by:
- Prof. Britta Tietjen, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany (Session 1)
- Prof. David N. Bresch, ETH Zürich, Switzerland (Session 2)
- Prof. Paul H. Whitfield, Centre for Hydrology, University of Saskatchewan, Canada (Session 3)
- Dr. Helen Crowley, Eucentre, Italy (Session 4)
- Dr. Kristen Cook, Helmholtz Centre Potsdam German Research Centre for Geosciences GFZ, Germany (Session 5)
- Dr. Jakob Zscheischler, University of Bern, Switzerland (Session 6)
Please submit your abstract of 300-500 words, including title, authors names, and affiliation until 30 April 2021 via the link.
Letters of acceptance/rejection will be send to the corresponding author before 15 June 2021. Registration can be done until 31 August 2021 via the same link as for abstract submission. For organisational reasons, attendance is limited in number. More details about the conference can be found in the attached flyer and at our website: https://www.uni-potsdam.de/en/natriskchange/activities/second-international-natriskchange-conference-2021.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in Potsdam or as an online participant!