Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Thursday 22 April 2021
Organizers announce a three-day virtual conference, “Arctic Sustainable Energy: Research and Community Needs in the Context of a Global Energy Transition” focused on sustainable energy and energy efficiency research. This conference will take place 20—22 April 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Alaska Daylight Time) on each day. Registration is free of charge.
The conference will feature guest speakers and panelists from Alaska and around the world. It is sponsored by the U.S. Arctic Research Commission with co-sponsorship by the Cold Climate Housing Research Center, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, and the Alaska Center for Energy and Power;
- Provide a forum to share the latest information on sustainable energy research in remote, cold climate communities.
- Determine sustainable energy research gaps in Arctic and sub-Arctic regions.
- Investigate links between renewable energy research and climate and energy equity.
- Discuss changes in policy needed to meet climate goals and community needs.
- 20 April: Climate, Energy, and Community Needs.
- 21 April: Buildings and Infrastructure – Energy Efficiency, Distributed Energy Resources.
- 22 April: Sustainable Energy – Technologies, Integration.