Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Friday 10 September 2021
The Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System (SIOS) invites applications for a training course on the use of hyperspectral remote sensing in Svalbard. This online course will take place 6-10 September 2021 via Zoom.
The goal of the course is to teach participants the basic skills needed to acquire, analyze, and visualize hyperspectral data sets derived from aircraft and satellites. The training course will cover various aspects of hyperspectral remote sensing, ranging from fundamental data parameters and processing tools, to applications and calibration/validation techniques. The course material will be delivered through a mixture of lectures and hands-on sessions from leading experts in the field. No prior knowledge is assumed.
Topics covered during the training will include:
- Introduction to hyperspectral remote sensing,
- Key data quality parameters in hyperspectral remote sensing,
- Acquisition of airborne hyperspectral data from Dornier aircraft,
- Basic processing of hyperspectral data acquired by Dornier aircraft,
- Applications of hyperspectral data in the Arctic,
- Generation of biophysical variables using PRISMA Hyperspectral data, and
- Calibration/validation activities using in situ hyperspectral measurements.
In the first round of applications, the training course will only be available for employees and students from SIOS member institutions. If there are still places available after the first round of applications, applicants from other institutions can apply.
Application period for applicants from SIOS member institutions only: 1-15 June 2021
Application period for applicants from SIOS member and non-member institutions: 15-30 June 2021
For more information, go to: