Polar and Alpine Events Calendar
To Saturday 13 June 2020
The 28th Polar Libraries Colloquy is postponed to June 6-12, 2021, please visit the event website for further information.
Founded in 1971, the Polar Libraries Colloquy is an invaluable showcase for librarians and other experts involved in collecting, preserving and disseminating information, and allows to discuss mutual interest and promote initiatives leading to improved collections and services. Traditionally, the Colloquy meets every two years, alternating between Europe and North America. Click here to learn more about the Polar Libraries Colloquy.
From June 7th to 13th, discover the legendary joie de vivre of our French-speaking community and enjoy the beautiful surroundings of La Vieille Capitale, while Université Laval’s Library welcomes the 28th Polar Libraries Colloquy.
The conference will focus on contribution of librarians and archivists to the sharing of northern and polar cultures and knowledge. The event will be an excellent opportunity to:
- Bring together specialists in northern and polar information, from more than 15 different countries.
- Highlight the unique expertise of librarians and archivists in this field through stimulating presentations.
- Showcase the work of renowned researchers in northern or arctic studies.
- Address the issue of metadata decolonization in a special workshop.
- Introduce participants to the culture of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal of northern Quebec .
- Make you discover:
- The beautiful Old Quebec (a UNESCO World Heritage treasure)
- The Montmorency Forest (the largest research forest in the world)
- The magnificent Charlevoix area (one of the most beautiful holiday regions in Quebec)
Paper Submission Deadline: 31 January 2020
More information can be found here: https://www.fourwav.es/view/1500/info/