In connection with the worldwide pandemic of coronavirus COVID-19 and following the directive of the Arkhangelsk Regional Office of Rospotrebnadzor dd. 12.03.2020 No 29-00-05/05-2792-2020 as well as instructions issued by the RF Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing, we regret to inform you of the impossibility of holding the Summer School “Arctic Law” in July 2020 in Arkhangelsk. It will be rescheduled to 2021.
We hope that you will keep interest towards our event and we will meet in Arkhangelsk in summer 2021! We will keep you informed about the School updates. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please take care in this challenging COVID-19 situation! Hopefully, it will pass through soon!
Summer School Coordinators
The international summer school “Arctic Law” aimed at students and young practitioners seeking a deeper understanding of the Arctic issues and their international and national regulation is to be held on July 12-18, 2020 at the Northern (Arctic) Federal University, Arkhangelsk, Russia.
Participants of the Summer School will be able to undergo a week-long intensive training on Arctic Law and deepen their knowledge and understanding of current trends in international and national law.
- International Public Law
- Law of the Sea
- Comparative Law of the Arctic states
- Environmental Law
- Energy Law
- Northern Indigenous Peoples Rights
- Arctic Strategies and Politics of Northern Countries
Topics to be discussed:
- Arctic as an object of international legal regulation
- International litigation before the ICJ
- Arctic seas: international and national legal perspectives
- Regulation of the Northern Sea Route navigation
- Hot issues of the environmental regulation in the Arctic
- Regulation of the natural resources extraction in the Arctic
- Ethnic politics in the Arctic and sustainable development
Further information can be found via: http://arctic-law.site