- Education and Outreach
- Career Development
- Both Polar Regions
Björn Dahlbäck is Director-General of the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat. As a government agency, the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat is mandated to coordinate and promote Swedish polar research.
With a PhD in marine microbiology Björn Dahlbäck has had different manager positions in research-intensive industry such as petrochemical and pharmaceutical.
After a period as senior consultant in organization and leadership development, Dahlbäck returned to academia as a research leader at the University of Gothenburg before taking up his present position at the Secretariat.
- Mentor Panels
These panels are held at major international conferences and are coordinated by
APECS members. Participation involves a 2-3 hour commitment on the day
of the panel meeting.
- Career Development Presentations
Short presentations at conferences/workshops with a question/answer period.
- Career Development Workshop Sessions
Helping in the coordination and facilitation of sessions at major conferences
- One-on-One Mentoring
Email correspondence with APECS members regarding career advice (including
alternative careers in polar/cryospheric issues), research skills, data
management and occasional research-specific discussions/questions.
- Participation in live online discussions
This will be advertised to all APECS members and will be facilitated by an
APECS Council or Executive Committee Member. Transcripts will be
posted online for future reference.
- Reviewing Resumes/CVs and Assisting with Cover Letter Development.
- Assisting with proposal development
- In-person meetings/conferences/seminars
- SCAR Open Science Conferences
- Arctic Science Summit Week
- International Arctic Social Sciences Assn
- Arctic Frontiers