- Education and Outreach
- General Cryosphere
His research involves mapping, characterization of snow cover using multi-sensor remote sensing data. He is predominantly working towards modeling of snow wetness using optical and SAR data. His research interests involve estimation of snow geophysical parameters with optical imagery and active microwave remote sensing and SAR polarimetry, image processing, pattern recognition, automatic detection and mapping of snow cover.
- Career Development Presentations
Short presentations at conferences/workshops with a question/answer period.
- Career Development Workshop Sessions
Helping in the coordination and facilitation of sessions at major conferences
- One-on-One Mentoring
Email correspondence with APECS members regarding career advice (including
alternative careers in polar/cryospheric issues), research skills, data
management and occasional research-specific discussions/questions.
- Reviewing Resumes/CVs and Assisting with Cover Letter Development.
- Assisting with proposal development
- Reviewing papers and posters
- Helping to improve presentation and communication skills
- In-person meetings/conferences/seminars
- Email Exchange
- American Geophysical Union