- Education and Outreach
- Mentor Panels
These panels are held at major international conferences and are coordinated by
APECS members. Participation involves a 2-3 hour commitment on the day
of the panel meeting.
- Career Development Presentations
Short presentations at conferences/workshops with a question/answer period.
- One-on-One Mentoring
Email correspondence with APECS members regarding career advice (including
alternative careers in polar/cryospheric issues), research skills, data
management and occasional research-specific discussions/questions.
- Assisting with proposal development
- Reviewing papers and posters
- Helping to improve presentation and communication skills
- In-person meetings/conferences/seminars
- Email Exchange
- American Geophysical Union
- ASLO/AGU Ocean Sciences