Anton, Van de Putte
Senior Science Officer
, Biodiversity and Ecosystems Data and Information Centre
Royal Belgian Institute For Natural Sciences
- Education and Outreach
Biodiversity? Data Management
I studied the ecology and evolution of Antarctic fish during my PhD. Currently Manager of the SCAR Antarctic Biodiversity Portal. I ma passionate about Open data and Open Science. If you have questions about this please get in touch, if I can't help you Ill' be able to point you to people that can.
- Mentor Panels
These panels are held at major international conferences and are coordinated by
APECS members. Participation involves a 2-3 hour commitment on the day
of the panel meeting.
- Career Development Presentations
Short presentations at conferences/workshops with a question/answer period.
- Career Development Workshop Sessions
Helping in the coordination and facilitation of sessions at major conferences
- One-on-One Mentoring
Email correspondence with APECS members regarding career advice (including
alternative careers in polar/cryospheric issues), research skills, data
management and occasional research-specific discussions/questions.
- Participation in live online discussions
This will be advertised to all APECS members and will be facilitated by an
APECS Council or Executive Committee Member. Transcripts will be
posted online for future reference.
- Reviewing Resumes/CVs and Assisting with Cover Letter Development.
- Assisting with proposal development
- Reviewing papers and posters
- Helping to improve presentation and communication skills
- In-person meetings/conferences/seminars
- Online seminars
- Telephone/Skype conversations
- Email Exchange
- SCAR Open Science Conferences