Associate Professor (Reader)
arctic tundra, taiga, heterogeneity, scaling, fire
Terrestrial plant ecologist and physiologist with over 30 years experience working in arctic and alpine environments as well as the boreal forest. Past studies have included measurement of carbon and energy exchange over heterogeneous tundra and associated upscaling. Tundra-taiga ecotone changes, boreal fire impacts, using ecological, physiological, eddy correlation and remote sensing approaches.
- Mentor Panels
These panels are held at major international conferences and are coordinated by
APECS members. Participation involves a 2-3 hour commitment on the day
of the panel meeting.
- One-on-One Mentoring
Email correspondence with APECS members regarding career advice (including
alternative careers in polar/cryospheric issues), research skills, data
management and occasional research-specific discussions/questions.
- Reviewing Resumes/CVs and Assisting with Cover Letter Development.
- Reviewing papers and posters
- Helping to improve presentation and communication skills
- In-person meetings/conferences/seminars
- Online seminars
- Telephone/Skype conversations
- Email Exchange
- American Geophysical Union
- Arctic Science Summit Week