- Atmosphere and Climate
- Education and Outreach
- Human and Social
- Career Development
Member of SBPC (Brazilian Association for Advancement of Science) since 1982. Biologist since 1989, with a B.Sc. degree in Ecology in 1990. Obtained M.Sc. in 1992, working with Heavy Metals in the Environment and D.Sc. in 1998 working with POPs. Fellow of Mount Sinai School of Medicine (NY University) since 1999, become Advance Selikoff Fellow of MSSM in 1994. Embassador of the IHPA (International Pesticide and HCH Association) since 2004. Member of the IPCP (International Panel of Chemical Pollution) since 2008.
- Mentor Panels
These panels are held at major international conferences and are coordinated by
APECS members. Participation involves a 2-3 hour commitment on the day
of the panel meeting.
- Career Development Presentations
Short presentations at conferences/workshops with a question/answer period.
- Career Development Workshop Sessions
Helping in the coordination and facilitation of sessions at major conferences
- One-on-One Mentoring
Email correspondence with APECS members regarding career advice (including
alternative careers in polar/cryospheric issues), research skills, data
management and occasional research-specific discussions/questions.
- Participation in live online discussions
This will be advertised to all APECS members and will be facilitated by an
APECS Council or Executive Committee Member. Transcripts will be
posted online for future reference.
- Reviewing Resumes/CVs and Assisting with Cover Letter Development.
- Assisting with proposal development
- Reviewing papers and posters
- Helping to improve presentation and communication skills
- In-person meetings/conferences/seminars
- Online seminars
- Telephone/Skype conversations
- Email Exchange