The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) in cooperation with the International Arctic Science Committee (IASC) is pleased to announce the availability of travel support for the Arctic Science Summit Week (ASSW) 2019 (22-30 May 2019, Arkhangelsk, Russia).
Travel support via this process is currently available for:
- Early career researchers up to 5 years past PhD with an Arctic research focus (an allowance will be made for career breaks such as parental leave)
- Arctic researchers of all career stages at Russian institutions and/or focusing on the Russian Arctic
- Indigenous Arctic experts of all backgrounds and career stages (defined as researchers and Indigenous knowledge holders who are of Arctic Indigenous heritage, in particular those represented by the Arctic Council Permanent Participants)
Further application criteria:
- Active participation in the conference including but not limited to giving an oral or poster presentation (abstract submission deadline also on 28 February!!)
- Affiliation with an institution / organization in an IASC member country (Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States)
In addition to the general funds provided by IASC for these travel awards, they will also provide some special limited travel support for early career researchers (definition see above)) who are interested in attending the 4th T-MOSAiC Workshop during ASSW 2019. T-MOSAiC (Terrestrial Multidisciplinary distributed Observatories for the Study of Arctic Connections) is an IASC pan-Arctic land-based program that would extend the activities of the IASC flagship program MOSAiC (The Multidisciplinary drifting Observatory for the Study of Climate Change). The objective of T-MOSAiC is to coordinate complementary activities that will both aid and benefit from MOSAiC by extending the work to the lands surrounding the Arctic Ocean and to the northern communities who live on those lands.
These travel awards may only be able to cover part of your travel costs and the costs will be reimbursed after the meeting based on receipts that you provide (unfortunately, upfront payment is not possible).
Application deadline for the Travel Awards will be on 28 February 2019 at 23:59 GMT. Late applications will not be considered. No exceptions will be made.