The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) in cooperation with the International Arctic Social Sciences Association (IASSA) is pleased to announce the availability of travel support for the 10th International Congress for Arctic Social Sciences (ICASS X) (15 - 19 June 2021, Arkhangelsk, Russia).
PLEASE NOTE: ICASS X is currently being planned as an in-person meeting. Should the meeting or its parts be moved online due to COVID-19 situation, we will work to redirect the travel awards to pay for registration and other permissible ICASS-related expenses (these contingencies will be determined by the funders and the awardees will be informed when decisions are made).
Travel support via this process is currently available for:
- Early career researchers up to 5 years past PhD with an Arctic social sciences research focus (an allowance will be made for career breaks such as parental leave)
- Indigenous Arctic experts of all backgrounds and career stages (defined as researchers and Indigenous knowledge holders who are of Arctic Indigenous heritage, in particular those represented by the Arctic Council Permanent Participants)
- Scholars from remote Arctic communities: scholars residing in remote places may be given some funding (there is no definition of remoteness: justification needs to be made on a case by case basis as a part of the application).
Further application criteria:
- Active participation in the conference by e.g. presenting a poster or an oral presentation in one of the conference sessions, or being an invited speaker, or session convener etc.
- Participants who were awarded support in 2020 (to travel to ICASS X that was postponed) will be given a priority in receiving funding in this round.
These travel awards may only be able to cover part of your travel costs and the costs will be reimbursed after the meeting. Reimbursement instructions will be sent to the selected travel funding recipients.
Please submit your application via this online form by no later than 1 February 2021 at 15:00 GMT. Late applications will not be considered. No exceptions will be made.