The All-Atlantic Ocean Alliance is recruiting an European Arctic Representative for the All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors Program. The Arctic Representative would join the ongoing term until December 2021 with the option to re-apply for the following term to continue successful collaborations where these were initiated.
All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors are dedicated individuals from all walks of life and backgrounds, who promote sustainable development and stewardship of the Atlantic Ocean. They are currently either in training or education programmes, or in the early stages of their profession. Within the context of the All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance, Ambassadors will develop campaigns and communication strategies to reach out to local communities, students and civil society, engage decision makers as well as work with local media to conserve and protect the Atlantic Ocean for future generations. In developing online or local campaigns and events, Ambassadors will be integrated into the collaborative Atlantic pilot actions and supported by All-Atlantic research and innovation projects.
The Arctic Representative will:
- Develop campaigns and actions within the context of the list of “All-Atlantic Opportunities” and showcase, in the Ambassador’s community, possible activities and solutions addressing the sustainability challenges faced by the Atlantic Ocean and by local communities whose well-being and livelihoods depend on the Atlantic. The list of “All-Atlantic Opportunities” will be given to the newly selected youth ambassadors.
- Become fully embedded in the activities of the All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance, including its communication activities, and take part in its collaborative pilot actions.
- Become embedded in activities of and receive support from the selecting organisation.
Selection criteria & process:
Please note, that only applications from EU nationalities can be considered. Further, an Arctic research background is a mandatory requirement to apply.
Evaluation criterias are:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the ocean and seas, including their functioning and relevance for life on the planet, as well as the major environmental and societal threats that currently affect them.
- Interested in youth issues, science diplomacy, policy making, public engagement, education and training.
- Good communicator, and willing to use social media/blogs/videos/performances and writing articles to inform others.
- Between the ages of 18 – 30 years (as of 1 June 2020)
- Confident English speaker and comfortable with public speaking
- Participate in relevant events and meetings in person & virtually
- Committed to giving time to this programme
- Be a self-starter and become a team with the other All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassadors
Deadline for applications via the Application form is 22 April 2021.
An internal review will be conducted by the APECS Int. Directorate and by EU-PolarNet 2 representatives, who are responsible for the polar part of the All-Atlantic Research Alliance. A pre-selection of candidates will be presented to the European Commission who will make the final decision on the candidate before 1 June.
All-Atlantic Ocean Research Alliance Website: https://allatlanticocean.org/main
All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassador’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAtlanticYouth
All-Atlantic Ocean Youth Ambassador’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allatlanticyouth
Social Media Hashtags: #AtlanticAll #AtlanticYouth