Moscow State Institute for International Relations (MGIMO) cordially invites you to the Moscow Youth International Model Arctic Council (MAC-2016).
MAC-2016 is to take place in Moscow, February 17-19, 2016. MAC-2016 is a simulative “business game”, which involves modelling the work of:
- Arctic Contaminants Action Program (ACAP) Working Group;
- Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Program (AMAP) Working Group;
- Conservation of Arctic Flora and Fauna (CAFF) Working Group;
- Emergency Prevention, Preparedness and Response (EPPR) Working Group;
- Protection of the Arctic Marine Environment (PAME) Working Group;
- Sustainable Development Working Group (SDWG);
- Arctic Economic Council;
- Senior Arctic Officials’ Meeting;
- Ministerial Meeting.
The event will also have a varied educational program, which includes lectures, seminars and workshops led by distinguished experts from Russia, as well as other Arctic States. At MAC-2016 you will also be able to meet Vladimir Barbin, Ambassador at Large, Senior Arctic Official of the Russian Federation, members of the Arctic Council Secretariat, representatives of businesses, members of Russian polar expeditions.
For more information, please read the information letter.