The American Geophysical Union (AGU) announces that applications are now available for student travel grants for assistance in attending the 2016 AGU Fall Meeting which will be held from 12-16 December 2016 in San Fransisco, California.
The AGU Fall Meeting General Student Travel Grant provides some funds to assist with travel costs. Awardees traveling from the U.S. and Canada will receive a $500 award, and awardees traveling from outside the U.S. and Canada will receive $1000 in funds. Funds are delivered after Fall Meeting and are not meant to reimburse specific travel costs (i.e. airfare, hotel, etc.), rather they are meant to help recoup costs of traveling to Fall Meeting.
To be eligible to apply for a student travel grant, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Current student member of AGU;
- Be either a high school student, 2 and 4 year undergraduate student, or a graduate student;
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application (abstract reference number will be required on the application); and
- First author presenting a paper or poster.
Preference will be given to applicants from demographic groups who underrepresented in the sciences. After students are rated for diversity, students who meet the following criteria will be selected:
- Students with sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses;
- Students whose abstracts show strong scientific merit to application reviewers in their respective Sections/Focus Groups; and
- Students who thoroughly answer the short essay questions.
Application Deadline: 10 August 2016.
For more information, including specific instructions on how to apply, go to:
For more information on the AGU Fall Meeting 2016, go to:
For questions, please contact: