CAFF is seeking a 10% position to coordinate the East Asian-Australasian Flyway of the Arctic Migratory Birds Initiative (AMBI), and envisions a post-doc or other graduate student to conduct the tasks alongside their studies, research or other work.
Applicants from East Asian-Australasian Flyway countries (East Russia, Singapore, Japan, China, Republic of Korea) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organize and guide the EAAF Working Group (comprised of country AC and observer country and organization representatives) tasked with implementing the AMBI workplan
- Coordinate, organize, host, and act as rapporteur for monthly EAAF Working Group online conference calls
- Liaise and communicate with the AMBI coordinator and CAFF International Secretariat on EAAF progress
- Help to organize and participate in the AMBI EAAF project meeting in Singapore, January 2017
- Work with the overall AMBI coordinator and CAFF international secretariat to prepare and deliver the EAAF portion of the AMBI mid-term review
- Contribute to the overall AMBI mid-term review process in collaboration with the AMBI coordinator and CAFF international secretariat
- Fundraise to support continuation of this position beyond April 2017
Applications sought by July 27 and the work is planned to start in early August.
For full job desciption and details of how to apply please click here.