The International Conference “Polar Routes of the Arctic” will take place as part of the Fifth Murmansk International Business Week at Murmansk Arctic State University, Murmansk, Russia on 15 November 2016.
Main purposes of the Conference:
- To involve early career scientists in an active process of unexplored territory development by means of realization of interesting research and cognitive projects in cooperation with advanced research centers and organizations engaged in developing the Arctic region resources.
- To draw general public’s attention to development of prospecting, expedition and research activities in the Arctic on basis of historical experience, prospects of economic and innovation development of the Arctic territories.
- To discuss prospects of national and regional project realization in accordance with state interests of the Russian Federation in the Arctic.
- To form a modern education research base for young specialist training by means of intellectual potential development in the field of usage of high-end technologies in the northern latitudes.
- To develop international cooperation in the field of research expedition activity and organization of circumpolar studies in the Arctic.
- Early Career Scientists, travelers and explorers of the Arctic.
- The Russian and foreign public, scientific and political men.
- Managers of the Russian Arctic.
- Representatives of research institutes and centers.
- Public youth organizations.
- Business communities.
- Mass media.
- Plenary meeting with participation of representatives of the Federal and Regional authority, leading research and education centers of Russia and the Barents/Euro-Arctic Region, practicing travellers.
- Panel discussion «Arctic for the youth and the youth for Arctic»
- Session “Historico-geographical expeditions and studies in the Arctic”.
- Round table “Science and innovations in the Arctic: challenges for young
To learn more please check the information in attached file