REMINDER: Submit your session to POLAR2018's Open Science Conference before the end of November 2016
SCAR & IASC Conference POLAR2018 - Call for Sessions is open
POLAR2018 is a joint event of the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research SCAR and the International Arctic Science Committee IASC and will take place in Davos, Switzerland from 15 - 27 June 2018. It includes the XXXV SCAR Biennial Meetings, the Arctic Science Summit Week 2018 and the joint SCAR and IASC Open Science Conference.
The organizers of POLAR2018 are now accepting session proposals for the joint SCAR and IASC Open Science Conference “Where the Poles meet“ which will be held on 19 - 23 June 2018.
A template to submit session proposals, including a brief session description, the contact information of the session conveners and other session details, is available on . We are looking for sessions that cover a broad range of topics across the spectrum of Polar and high altitude research, such as, but not limited to, climate, glaciology, social and human sciences, ice sheets, atmospheric sciences, oceanography, biology, astronomy, geology, economic aspects, sustainable development, technology and education. There will be oral and poster sessions as well as further session formats.
* The organizing committee strongly encourages session topics that encapsulate research conducted in both the Arctic and Antarctic.
* We also encourage including early career scientists as conveners and encourage diversity regarding conveners’ nationalities, gender, and where possible, indigenous peoples.
The tasks of the conveners include:
• Soliciting submissions for their session;
• reviewing the abstracts submitted for the session;
• working with the International Scientific Organizing Committee to arrange the program of their session, including oral and poster presentations and
• chairing the session.
Depending on the session proposals received, the International Scientific Organizing Committee might have to merge similar session where necessary and appropriate.
Session proposals can be submitted until 30 November 2016. Lead conveners will be notified on 31 March 2017 and the final list of sessions will be announced in spring 2017. Abstract submission will open on 1 September 2017 with a submission deadline not earlier than 1 November 2017 and notification of acceptance after 31 January 2018. Further information can be found on .
The co-chairs of the International Scientific Organizing Committee