The Polar Geography Specialty Group welcomes the submission of abstracts for poster presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Geographers (AAG) in Denver, Colorado (6-10 April 2020). Relevant topics for posters in this session include, but are not limited to, research relating to the Polar Regions in the areas of human and physical geography, human-environment interactions, geospatial techniques (e.g. remote sensing, GIS), and Indigenous and Traditional Ecological Knowledge. We are eager to include posters from both human and physical polar geographers and of course those incorporating more interdisciplinary or transdisciplinary approaches.
Why submit a poster as opposed to a paper?
Posters generally allow for more thorough, one-on-one feedback than oral presentations and are a great way to showcase and receive feedback on early-stage research and develop and expand your professional network. The poster abstract submission deadline is also later than the paper abstract submission deadline, and the registration rate for posters is reduced compared to the paper registration rate.
Guidelines for Posters
- Register for the meeting at the special poster registration rate
- Submit your abstract online by Jan. 31, 2020
- (Optional) Send your submission confirmation to a competition or other poster session organizer
- (Optional) Upload a PDF of your poster before the meeting for the best exposure for your research
Instructions for Poster Presenters
Graphic materials will be displayed on a 4' x 8' poster board supplied by the AAG. Since a poster format is best when your material can easily be communicated visually, text should be limited to brief statements.
- Each presentation should make a unified, coherent statement
- Materials, both textual and visual, should be of professional quality and be clearly legible from a distance of four feet (4')
- 4' x 8' poster board (landscape-oriented only)
- Abstracts for each presenter are required and are presented during session
More information about posters at the AAG 2020: https://www2.aag.org/aagannualmeeting/AAGAnnualMeeting/Poster_Sessions.aspx
Deadline for poster abstract submissions: January 31, 2020