The 5th Arctic Observing Summit (AOS) will be held in 2020 (March 31- April 2) in Akureyri, Iceland in conjunction with Arctic Science Summit Week 2020. Your input and contributions in the form of poster presentations are welcome to highlight important issues and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and ideas to design, build, implement, expand, and provide long-term support for an international Arctic observing systems network.
Ideally, poster presentations should focus on these key themes selected for the upcoming AOS, but other topics that are relevant for AOS are welcome:
- Sub-Theme 1: Design, Optimization and Implementation of the Observing System
- Sub-Theme 2: Observing in Support of Adaptation and Mitigation
- Sub-Theme 3: Observing in Support of Indigenous Food Security and Related Needs
- Sub-Theme 4: Data Interoperability and Federated Search
- Sub-Theme 5: Arctic Observations in the context of Global Observing initiatives
- Other: Please email us to discuss other topics prior to submission to ensure inclusion in AOS 2020
Expanded descriptions of these themes are available here Presentations that include research results, overviews of initiatives or programs, highlights from ongoing organizations or groups, reviews of priorities or challenges, or proposed solutions for sustained and coordinated Arctic observing are welcome.
Submit your poster here.
Deadline for submissions is December 15th, 2019.
On behalf of the AOS 2020 Executive Organizing Committee and our partners, thank you for your contributions!
For questions, contact:
Ravi Darwin Sankar
Maribeth S. Murray