The U.S. Ice Drilling Program Office (IDPO) announces the release of their Summer 2020 Ice Bits newsletter. Ice Bits is the quarterly update of the U.S. IDPO and Ice Drilling Design and Operations (IDDO) group activities.
Topics highlighted in this edition include:
- 2020-2030 Long Range Science and Long Range Drilling Technology Plans Updated,
- 2020 Ice Core Working Group White Papers,
- 2020 Science Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting and SAB Rotations,
- IDP-WI Refocuses on Development and Maintenance Work Amid COVID-19 Pandemic,
- COVID-19 Transformed 2020 School of Ice is Successfully Executed,
- Acknowledgment of IDP in Publications, and
- Ice Drilling Support for NSF Polar Proposals.