We would kindly like to invite you to submit your work to the Special Issue "Progresses and Gaps on Monitoring of Snow and Its Components at the Local, Regional to Global Scale and Its Applications" we organized at the Geosciences: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/geosciences/special_issues/snow_Monitoring
If you have any plans to publish your work on topics including but not limited to:
- Harmonization towards snow data collection, curation, and management;
- Novel techniques and sensors for both the remote sensing of snow and in-situ measurements of snow;
- Snow models, snow retrievals and products, and data assimilation including improved modelling (snow, hydrology, NWP, climate, etc.) and prediction at different scales considering
macro- and microscale snow properties;
- Monitoring snow-related hazards and extreme events including latest reanalysis and satellite data sets and models to predict and forecast extreme events and snow-related natural hazards;
- Climate change effect on snow dynamics including snow melting and rain-on-snow events;
- Impact of snow monitoring and predictions on different economic sectors (energy, tourism, agriculture, transportation, etc.).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Please contact with the us (the guest editors) with a tentative title, author list and an abstract.
We are looking forward to receiving your recent developments and achievements on the topic of the Special Issue.
With our kindest regards,
On behalf of the guest editors
Ali Nadir Arslan