This is a reminder for nominations for the EGU medals and awards, deadline 15 June 2021.
In addition to the medal & award specific for EGU's Division of Cryospheric Sciences (see below), please also note the other medals and awards for various scientific disciplines and especially also on the EGU Union level, including the
- Angela Croome Award for journalism
- Katia and Maurice Krafft Award for outreach and engagement
- Alexander von Humboldt Medal for research in developing regions.
A full overview is available at https://www.egu.eu/awards-medals/
More specifically, the EGU Division on Cryospheric Sciences awards two prizes each year:
- The Julia and Johannes Weertman Medal is reserved for individuals in recognition of their outstanding scientific contribution to the study of the cryosphere on Earth or elsewhere in the solar system: https://www.egu.eu/awards-medals/julia-and-johannes-weertman/
- The Division Outstanding Early Career Scientist Award recognizes scientific achievements in the field covered by the cryospheric division, made by an early career scientist.
Please consider submitting a nomination. This is also your chance to take an active part in increasing diversity in the group of EGU awardees and medallists! We encourage the EGU membership to consider gender, geographical and cultural balance when nominating outstanding Earth, planetary and space scientists at various career stages.
The final deadline for nominating candidates for both of these awards is 15 June 2021.
For more information on proposing candidates and on the selection process, please see: http://www.egu.eu/awards-medals/proposal-and-selection-of-candidates/
The awards and medals are intended to be presented at the EGU General Assembly 2022, Vienna, Austria 3–8 April.
Nominations for all the Medals and Awards should be submitted on-line: https://www.egu.eu/login/?next=/user-area/nominations/form/
Before submitting a nomination, please take a look at our guidelines and checklist to make sure your nomination and supporting documents satisfy the EGU requirements: https://www.egu.eu/user-area/nominations/proposal-and-selection-of-candidates/