28th Annual West Antarctic Ice Sheet Workshop
September 20-23, 2021
The Algonkian (in-person) and Zoom (virtual)
Sterling, Virginia, U.S.A.
Abstract submission for the hybrid 2021 WAIS Workshop is due July 30. Sessions will include:
- Piecing the puzzle together: Multi-disciplinary, integrative science in West Antarctica
- Beyond MISI: Novel insights into Antarctic ice sheet processes
- Marine ice sheet sensitivity in the Earth system
- Greetings from the future: Innovations in observing and modeling techniques
- WAIS in the community: Civic engagement & co-production of deliverables
The abstract portal will require a title, co-author information, and a ≤500-word abstract. We also will offer travel and registration fee support for some students and early career researchers, with a preference for those who submit an abstract. Applications for ECR support are also due on July 30. We define early-career researchers as students, postdocs or those no more than 5 years from obtaining a PhD. Abstract and early-career support decisions will be announced mid-August.
Please read the website for details about this year’s hybrid meeting.
The WAIS Workshop Organizing Committee