The Alaska SeaLife Center (ASLC) invites nominations for the 2022 Alaska Ocean Leadership Awards. ASLC established the awards to recognize those who have made significant contributions to ocean sciences, education, and resource management in Alaska.
The award categories include:
- Walter J. & Ermalee Hickel Lifetime Achievement Award: Awarded to an individual or institution that has made an exceptional contribution to management of Alaska’s coastal and ocean resources over a period of 20 or more years.
- Stewardship & Sustainability Award: Awarded to an industry initiative that demonstrates the highest commitment to sustainability of ocean resources.
- Marine Research Award: Awarded to a scientist, team of scientists, or an institution that is acknowledged by peers to have made an original breakthrough contribution or a career spanning achievement in any field of scientific knowledge about Alaska’s oceans.
- Marine Science Outreach Award: Awarded to a person, team, or organization that has made an outstanding contribution to ocean literacy via formal or informal education, media, or other communications about Alaska’s marine ecosystems.
- Hoffman-Greene Ocean Youth Award: Awarded to an individual or team of Alaskan youth ages 12-19 who has displayed dedication to promoting the understanding and stewardship of Alaska’s oceans.
Nomination deadline: 10 December 2021
For more information, go to:
Alaska Ocean Leadership Awards webpage