Do you want to make an impact in polar science communication? Become active in Polar Educators International and the PEI leadership. Apply to be a part of the PEI Council. The one-year Council term begins 1 March 2014 and we encourage YOU to consider applying for it -- help us shape our organization and the future of polar science education! To find out more about what the PEI Council does, see the FAQ in the "Read More" section below.
Applications are due Friday, 14 February 2014
How do you apply for the PEI Council? It's easy! Please provide:
• Current contact information,
• Brief biography (around 200 words)
• Current picture of yourself (no hat or sunglasses/balaclavas)
• Name and email address of 1 reference
• Let us know if you are interested in sitting on the Executive Committee
• Expression of Interest Letter (around 500 words) explaining the following:
- Why you are interested in PEI and sitting on the Council? This includes any ideas you have for PEI projects, a desire to become more connected to the polar community, ways to improve PEI, and ideas to strengthen and grow the
international community of polar educators.
- Any major periods of anticipated future extended absence, such as field work, long vacations, or intense exam periods.
- Your experiences (including previous PEI or other polar education projects)
and why you are interested in the Polar Regions.
**Any current council members interested in remaining on the council do not need to complete the application. Additionally, let us know if you are interested in being on the Executive Committee. We can send you the ExCom Charter and more
PEI Executive Committee 2013