APECS International Polar Week March 2018 will be from March 19-25! Polar Week is a series of events happening globally, with the goal of promoting the science taking place in polar latitudes.
This March, our theme will be #PolarPride with a focus on appreciating APECS members from all aspects of polar sciences. We have fantastic members and want to show our pride! We also hope to recognize individuals that are traditionally underrepresented either because of what they study or because of systemic issues of diversity within polar sciences. We will focus on celebrating YOU, the members of APECS through a series of fun and professional activities:
- Photo/Image Contest (with prizes!)
- Webinars, chosen by YOU on the following topics: Harassment in the Field and Proposal and Grant Writing
- Blog series throughout the week showcasing outstanding APECS members
- Live Online #PolarPride Party
- #PolarPride on Twitter
- Polar Haiku on Social Media
- and many more activities!
We encourage APECS members and National Committees to organize their own activities and to submit details via the Polar Week website!