The Working Group on Integrated Assessment for the Norwegian Sea (WGINOR) at the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) is inviting for new membership.
WGINOR aims to conduct and further develop Integrated Ecosystem Assessments for the Norwegian Sea as a step towards implementing the ecosystem approach.
For this purpose, WGINOR:
- performs integrated assessment of the pelagic ecosystem in the Norwegian Sea and develops a framework for identifying important signals for management,
- utilises multi-species and ecosystem models to evaluate effects of single and multi-species harvest control rules on fishing yield and ecosystem state of the pelagic ecosystem in the Norwegian Sea
- develops forecast products (1-5 years) for ocean climate and for other ecosystem components in the Norwegian Sea
- maintains a two-way dialogue with relevant stakeholders and managers in Norway, Faroe Island, and Iceland
- regularly updates the ICES Norwegian Sea ecosystem overview